Friday, March 26, 2010

Interesting Links for 3-26-2010

What I’m Reading

I finished HeartMate by Robin D. Owens earlier in the week. This is a novel my older sister leant me some time ago that got lost in the volume of my TBR pile. By luck and persistence, I rediscovered it while adding books to LibraryThing. Owens introduces a fascinatingly complex future society in what is clearly a science fiction romance. The romantic thread has center stage and you get your HEA (happily ever after), all the while discovering a world with a dark side and unexpected allies.

I’m currently enjoying Silky by Lazette Gifford, a novel by a good friend and independently recommended to me again by my older sister. Hmm, I’m detecting that sister has a bit of influence on my reading material ;) .

And this week I managed a short story as well, Merrythoughts By Bill Kte’pi. This story, offered by Strange Horizons, is odd, introspective, and quite powerful:
http://www.strangehorizons.com/2010/20100322/merrythoughts-f.shtml

(more…)

No comments: