Friday, March 05, 2010

Link to Interesting Links for 3-5-2010

What I’m Reading

This has been a crazy week on the home front, and I didn’t make any notes of short fiction I’ve read, but I have been reading. I am just over a third of the way through George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones. I’ve been intending to read this novel for a long time, and luckily I got assigned the read in Holly Lisle’s How to Revise a Novel class. My to-be-read pile has reached gargantuan proportions, so it takes outside influence to bump something to the top of the list. Have to say that I’m enjoying the story so far, and amazingly for me, I do not have trouble keeping track of the immense cast of characters. He does a wonderful job of triggering my memory so I don’t get lost.

Publishing

A clear accounting (all puns intended) of the economics of word count:
http://magicalwords.net/lucienne-diver/the-economics-of-word-count/
(more…)

No comments: