Friday, June 04, 2010

BayCon 2010 Con Report and Interesting Links for 6-4-2010

This week has been all about catching up after BayCon (I returned to a deluge of over 600 emails and 100-200 more come in each day) so I don’t have very many links for you to enjoy. However, I’ll give my first real con report below them to make up for it.

What I Am Reading

I finished This Is Not A Game by Walter Jon Williams while at BayCon and haven’t had time to write up my thoughts. It’s definitely an interesting read, though I have some issues with the storytelling. I talk about the reader’s 50% for description here: http://fmwriters.com/Visionback/Vision43/Alteredpeception.htm, but in this case my quibble is which thread of a complex novel was given dominance.
Read the rest of this entry »

No comments: